Happy Music Monday Special: My Top 5 Favorite Songs of 2013

December 30, 2013


Image: Source
Now the 2013 is coming to an end, I always reflect on all things that happened this year. The good and the bad. Through my ups and downs this year, music saved me many times. My top 5 favorite songs are therefore my memory lane of 2013. It sums up all my emotions, favorite (or not so favorite) moments and feelings. Read and hear down below which songs are included in my top 5:



1. "Ocean" - Coasts
Summer vibes. That's the kind of feeling that I get each time I listen to this song, even when it's freezing outside. These four piece of Bristol knows how to create a perfect soundtrack for a summer party. "Ocean" is catchy, pure and has that raw touch that already makes you falling in love with the song right after hearing the first seconds.


2. "Fire" - Ingrid Michaelson

Ingrid knows how to touch the soul with her music. Through the years, there hasn't been one time that I got tired of hearing her songs, despite the fact that I've listened to her songs so many times! Ingrid's songs are pure magic and "Fire" is no exception.


3. "End of The World" - Hunter Hunted

Who doesn't love hearing music of this Indie L.A native band Hunter Hunted? The band has the amazing ability to create music that puts a smile on your face. Although I love many songs of them, "End of The World" was the first track that I heard from the duo and still can't stop listening to it.


4. "Time" - The Mowgli's
Only if I have to pick one. The entire EP Waiting For The Dawn from The Mowgli's is just perfect. I already fell in love while hearing "San Francisco", but it was this song that made me dropping so very deep for this band.

5. "Summertime Sadness" - Lana Del Rey (Cedric Gervais Remix)

Although I love the original version of Lena, there's something special about this remix of Cedric Gervais. This song is like a cocktail of mixed emotions. It makes me feelin' alive, sad, happy and being at love in the same time. My favorite part is: "Oh, my God, I feel it in the air, Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snare, Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere, Nothing scares me anymore". It's so pure, honest and bittersweet. 


What are your favorite songs of 2013? Leave your picks in the comments down below!

-XOXO Marcella 

No comments

Post a Comment