Throwback Thursday Song: Kate Winslet - "What If"

January 2, 2014


Image: Source

It maybe sounds a little bit ironic, now there is whole new year in front us, but there's nothing wrong with listening to some old jams from time to time, is it? Don't ask me how, but suddenly this song of Kate Winslet popped up in my head yesterday and I still can't get enough of it.

"What If" was the soundtrack from the animated movie Christmas Carol: The Movie and was released in 2001. I can't help but feeling a little bit old, consindering the fact that this song came out when I was just 10 years old! Ouch! Back then, I already loved this song but now I'm older this song has so much more meaning to me. I think everyone can relate to this song, because there's always a special person in your life that meant a lot to you, but that you had to let go for some reason. Even then, there's always that 'What if?' question that pops up every now and then. The song sums up this feeling perfectly:

Many roads to take
Some to joy
Some to heart-ache
Anyone can lose their way
And if I said that we could turn it back
Right back to the start
Would you take the chance and make the change


It's very sad, but I guess you will never know...  Hopefully you can find a little comfort in this song, I certainly do.



Kate Winslet is not only a stunning actress, but also an incredbile singer with a beautiful voice. Kate proves that she is multi-talented and I still haves hopes that one day she is going back to the studio to record more beautiful songs like these.

-XOXO Marcella

No comments

Post a Comment