Throwback Thursday Song: Michelle Branch - "Everywhere"

February 27, 2014


Image: Source

Lately I have been very busy with writing my thesis and if there's one thing that always keeps me going, it's simply music. Especially strong pop/ rock music that blows through your speakers. When I was doing some search on Google, I've discovered a 90's/00's playlist. Oh my, I think I finally have met my stereo soulmate! I've enjoyed almost any single who is featured in this playlist, but there's one song that was so outstanding. From that moment this song has been on repeat. So stupid to think that I've forgotten this song, because it's AWESOME.
That's why this post is in honor of the wonderful talented Michelle Branch!

"Everywhere" was released in 2001 (time flies) and was a big hit worldwide. The song got even more recognition after it was featured as the soundtrack for American Pie 2. Although this song is more pop, it's definitely more pop rock with an edgy sound, which makes the song more outstanding to me. Not even to mention the lyrics, which gives it more depth. My favorite part:

Turn it inside out so I can see 
The part of you that's drifting over me 
And when I wake you're never there 
But when I sleep you're everywhere 
You're everywhere 


This song is obvious about someone special that you can't stop thinking about it. That person maybe don't even know (or haven't met) you, but still you love that person.You can feel their presence 'everywhere'.

Hearing this song makes me insanely happy. Brings great memories back!



Check out more of Michelle Branch:
@Itunes
@Facebook
@Twitter: michellebranch

-XOXO Marcella

No comments

Post a Comment