Happy Music Monday:John Mayer - ''Dear Marie''

October 14, 2013


Image Source 


Heartbreaking. That was the first word that came across my mind when I heard John Mayer's song ''Dear Marie'' from his recent EP Paradise Valley. This song is so good that it hurts. I love the rock'n roll meets country blues, mixed with the guitar tracks, but what I truly love about this song is John's honesty.

This song is a dedication to his first love, back when they were in high school. John never got the chance to see her again, so that's why he wrote this song instead. Bittersweet, but beautiful at the same time: ''Yeah I’ve got my dream but you’ve got family''

Funny detail about this song, is that it's about the same person where John wrote about during one his most famous songs "Your Body is a Wonderland''. (Am I the only person who are wondering now who this Marie is? What went through her mind when she heard this song? And what was her relationship with John? Haha, we probably never will). ''Dear Marie'' is my favorite track of Paradise Valley and reminds me why John Mayer is still one of my favorite singer-songwriters. 




Are you also a fan of John Mayer's music? What do you think of his new EP? 

Check out more of John Mayer and his last EP Paradise Valley:
@Itunes
@Facebook
@Twitter: JohnMayer

No comments

Post a Comment