Throwback Thursday Song: Janet Jackson - "Together Again"

December 12, 2013


Image: Source


Janet Jackson has always been my favorite pop princess. Besides being ranked as one of the best-selling artists in the history, having sold more than 100 million records and being one of the world's most awarded artists and many other top records, she always kept her feet on the ground and she was, and still is of course, such a strong woman. With her music she taught not only me, but probably also many others feminism through her songs and her let's-kick-some-ass dance moves. Girlpower!!

But common, let's face it. Janet is so talented and creative. Why? Well, she rocks these dance moves like no else and even created her own choreography, she wrote many songs (and won even many Grammy's for it), she's a great performer and even to this day, she inspires many artists with her music style. I can not tell you enough how much I adore her music, so if there's one artist that deserves to be featured in these Throwback Thursday Song series, all the honor goes out to Janet.

"Together Again" is my all time favorite song of Janet. Although Janet wrote this song in dedication to a friend who passed to AIDS, she was also inspired by a fan-mail which she received from a little boy from the UK, who's father passed away. So it's not only a very personal track, but Janet always knew how to applied a song for everybody out there. 

Even after a rainy day, this song always puts a smile on my face. The message behind the track is beautiful, comforting and it also gives me the strength when I just need it.

"Together Again" is for everyone out there who have loved and who have lost. I hope you enjoy the song and video just as much as I do.




-XOXO Marcella

No comments

Post a Comment