One Direction Album 'Four' Review

December 30, 2014


Image source

Hi peeps! Sorry for being away for too long, but this time I promise to keep in touch. To make it up to you guys, I've done a album review of one of my favorite five-some.. ONE DIRECTION! The band released the new album FOUR last month and (even when you are a directioner or not) these guys are popping up everywhere on the radio. After announcing of FOUR the album became the top charted album on Itunes in 67 countries, debuted no.1 on the Billboard charts and both singles 'Steal My Girl' and 'Night Changes' are big winners.

Some people still remain One Direction as the X- Factor boys from the catchy 'What Makes You Beautiful' anthem. That was 2009, now we are moving to 2015. In four years a lot has changes and so does One Direction. They've grown as artists. 'Story Of my Life' already proved that they can sing more than catchy poppy love songs. Need some prove? Listen to these tracks, which are my personal highlights of FOUR.


Fireproof

Fireproof was written by members Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson. This song is definitely a step-forward compared to previous work from the band. It's more mature and shows of the songwriting credits of the boys. Fireproof reminds me of a mix between Fleewood Mac and the 1975. Just imagine when you are on a road trip, rolling down the windows and than this song comes up.

Girl Almighty

'Let's have another toast on the girl almighty!' Where are my party people? This song is fun, crazy and very enjoyable. Dancing is aloud ladies and gentlemen!

Act My Age

I have a strong feeling that this song in particular has been co-written by member Naill Horan. This song is from Ireland with love. Anyone in for a citytrip?

Night Changes

Night Changes is one of the two songs who already has been released. Still it's one of those songs that I wouldn't mind if it would play during the day on the background. Especially when the chorus hits with these soothing, sweet words: Everything that you’ve ever dreamed of, Disappearing when you wake up, But there’s nothing to be afraid of, Even when the night changes, It will never change me and you. 


Change Your Ticket

Before any else thinks 'This reminds me of 1975', yes you are correct! The 1975 co-wrote this song with One Direction. See now why the similarities? With 'Change Your Ticket' the guys definitely took   a different path and that's the kind of changes that I would love to see more of the boys. If indie music is your kind of thing, than this is probably your jam.

Stockholm Syndrome

As soon as I saw 'Stockholm' named on the tracklist I couldn't help but started to jiggle. I mean, Sweden & One Direction? All kind of great things combined into one? That's what you call the best '2 for 1' deal ever! Some people are mad that the band have used 'Stockholm Syndrome' into one of their songs, but used it only as a metaphor. This is definitely one of my favorites. I would like to call this song as the ultimate track which symbolizes the boys' lane to adulthood music-wise.


What's your favorite track of FOUR?

-XOXO Marcella





No comments

Post a Comment