A tribute to Sex and the City: My Review (+photos) of The Sex and The City Tour!

September 13, 2015

'After all, seasons change, so do cities; people come into your life and people go. But it’s comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away. '



Years ago (gosh, I feel old suddenly) I've discovered one of the most enjoyable- fashionable and hilarious show in decade; who is simply known as Sex and the City (SATC). I still remember how fascinated I was by the oh-so-fabulous five: The fashionable Carrie, the cynical (yet hilarious) Miranda, the sassy Samantha, the controversial Charlotte and the serie's fifth and most important character on the show... Manhattan.

Ever since watching the show, I couldn't stop but wondering how much I would wanted to visit the city itself. Well, 5 years ago my dream came true! My parents took my brother and I on a citytrip to New York as a gift to celebrate their 25-year old wedding anniversary. How happy we all were. I still can feel the excitement from that moment while I am typing this! I got even more excited when I heard that my mother had bought tickets for The Sex and the City bus tour. After hearing this fabulous news, my New York State of mind became reality. So 5 years ago, October 2009, I've found myself sitting on the same iconic doorstep on Perry Street. I was living the dream!




My mom, my (ex) sister-in-law, and I hopped on the tour bus with many other Sex & The City fans from all across the world. There's nothing more excited than sitting on a bus with many other women who share the same passion as you. The Sex & The City Tour includes many busstops, but these were my favorites:

Pullitzer Fountain

This wonderful fountain is located nearby The Plaza Hotel, which is one of Manhattan's well-known hotels. Yes, the same hotel where Mr Big's engagement party took place and where Samantha meets an old millionaire. 



Buddakan, New York 

Buddakan is the place where the terrible rehearsal of Carrie and Mr. Big took place. This trendy restaurant is located in the trendy Chelsea area. 






Magnolia Bakery

The Magnolia Bakery is definitely the number 1 bakery to buy cupcakes if you found yourself in New York! It's located near Bleecker Street, right across the corner of Perry Street (which you can find Carrie's apartment, but more of that later). 







Perry Street

Carrie may lived in the show on The Upper East Side, in reality the gorgeous brownstone is located on Perry Street, 66 between West East Village and Bleecker Street. Please take note that this stop is not officialy included in the bus tour! We were told that the bus were no longer allowed to stop at this location, because the building is owned privately. You can easily see the 'no trespassing' sign at the photo, but if you leave a couple of coints in the bucket, you can still take a photo. All the money of the bucket is donated to neighborhood charity. 

Wouldn't it be amazing to live in such a gorgeous brownstone? 






Onieal's Speakeasy (Aiden's Bar)

Shout was the show's name of Aiden's and Steve's bar, but in reality this grand street bar is called Onieal's Speakeasy. It is located on Mulberry Street (how chic!). At this stop we were all supplied with delicious Cosmopolitan's. That evening we went back there to grab some dinner. Just like the cocktails, the food was also on top! So if you are in New York and you are looking for a good restaurant, than this place is definitely worth trying!





Have you ever been to New York? 


-XOXO Marcella 

No comments

Post a Comment