Throwback Thursday Song: The Corrs - "Breathless"

December 5, 2013



Although I love the music from these days, you can still find a '80's/'90's and 00's playlist on my Ipod. Just hearing these songs makes me happy, because it reflects my childhood perfectly. It reminds me of the good old days. Playing outside with your friends, dancing around in your pyjamas and all these hilarious sleepovers (what always turned out in endlessly chatting and laughing instead of sleeping of course).

One of these songs that I used to love when I was little, was "Breathless" by the Irish band The Corrs. It reminds me of summer, long days at the beach and just being carefree. Funny thing is that this song always stuck with me. Even nowadays I still love hearing it.

"Breathless" was released back in 2000, it was the third song from The Corrs debut album Blue. The band consisted of the four TCorr siblings: lead singer Andrea, vocalist Sharon, drummer Caroline and guitarist Jim. The song was a great hit, with even hitting the number #1 at top charts in Spain and The UK. It was also the only song from the band that reached the #34 position in the top charts in the USA. And even better, the song was also nominated for a Grammy!

What I like about "Breathless" is that the song is typical a pop song at heart. It's very catchy, the vocals are easy to fall in love with and the poprock tunes are YUMMY!

So go on,
go on,
come on,

Leave me breathless!



Were you also a fan of The Corrs? Or what was your favorite song back in the days?

-XOXO Marcella

No comments

Post a Comment